Monday 24 March 2008

Maundy Thursday



I know that our individual circumstances don't always allow us to attend all of the services of the Triduum, but it is for me always the high point of the liturgical year, as it should be. In many ways the fact that I spend a large portion of each day setting up for the services to come helps, because it keeps me firmly centered in the liturgical action. So Maundy Thursday began with the celebration of the Office of Readings and Morning Prayer as normal, and then I began to set up the Altar of Repose. The finishing touches are of course provided by Maggie Keeling who so ably coordinates the work of our flower arranging team. Also posted is a picture of the notice board, once again restored by Peter Elliott after the latest spate of Vandalism. 

No comments: