Friday 7 March 2008

A parish blog?

I suspect that beginning a parish blog of this kind is rather like setting out on a pilgrimage. I have been encouraged to try this because I have been inspired by what other people have been doing in this area. 

Two excellent parish blogs I have been keeping an eye on are those of St. Peter's, London Docks and St. John's, Sevenoaks. So I have an idea of what I hope to achieve, the goal of this pilgrimage as it were. 

There is, however, another important aspect of a pilgrimage, a little harder to see when you are driving or being driven in a coach, that of the journey itself. So I suspect that it is the writing of the blog that I will discover quite what it is to become, and what value it may be felt to have in the parish - or not!

My hope is that this blog will be able to be something of an online magazine for the parish as well as including some of my own musings, and that this will be a helpful way, for some people, of keeping in touch and up to date with life in the parish.

No comments: